Thu, December 15, 2016
Cumberland RI, USA (December 15, 2016)—Marantz Professional (marantzpro.com), a leading manufacturer of sophisticated recording/playback solutions for the professional A/V market, today announced the introduction of their new PMD-661 MKIII 2-channel handheld solid-state audio recorder. Recognizing a critical need in the professional space for a compact handheld audio recorder with uncompromisingly high performance, the PMD-661 MKIII gives news journalists, court/municipal reporters, public safety personnel, investigators and researchers a professional device that produces accurate, detailed in-field recordings. Plus, its file-encryption function offers the maximum security for sensitive information. It’s ideal for situations where no-compromise audio data capture is required, but bulky equipment and separate microphones are not possible or appropriate.
Drawing upon their decades-long legacy of engineering and producing world-class recording devices, Marantz Professional has designed the PMD-661 MKIII to meet exacting standards of performance and ease-of-use. Highlighting the unit’s outstanding functionality is the included omnidirectional boundary microphone—perfect for recording meetings and seminars—and large front panel 128 x 64 OLED display that conveys all the essential use and status information to the user at a glance. All of the basic performance aspects are first rate, including 24-bit/96kHz recording capability, selectable 44.1/48/96kHz sampling rates and a built-in studio-grade stereo condenser microphone array. The unit records directly onto stable, reliable SD/SDHC flash media.
Connectivity and operational versatility are also beyond reproach: There is a S/PDIF digital input, two balanced XLR mic inputs with +48V phantom power, line-in/line-out connections and a convenient SD card check compatibility feature, to ensure worry-free recording. The entire unit is passcode-security protected, so sensitive recordings stay private.
- Record directly to stable and reliable SD/SDHC flash media
- Built-in studio-grade stereo condenser microphone array
- Included omnidirectional boundary microphone
- 44.1, 48, 96kHz sample rates (WAV)
- Six selectable sampling rates from 192 kbps to 32 kbps (MP3)
- (2) Balanced XLR Mic inputs with +48V phantom power
- S/PDIF digital Input for connection to other audio equipment
- Dictation Functions including Pitch Control and Skip Back
- File encryption
- Passcode protection
- Linear style Retake Record function
- Large OLED (organic LED) display
- Built-in playback speaker and headphone jack
- Selectable 16- and 24-bit recording depths
- Unbalanced line-in and line-out
- USB 2.0 for fast file transfer
- Runs on AC power or 4 AA batteries—up to 6 hours of recording time
- Deluxe soft carrying case included
- Compact size: 6.5 x 3.7 x 1.4” (165 x 93 x 36mm)
“We are very excited about the new PMD-661 MKIII handheld audio recorder,” said Paul Jenkins, Vice-President of Sales for Marantz Professional. “Finally, professionals who absolutely require a compact, rugged audio recorder with no-compromise performance have something that satisfies their needs. This is top-of-the-line performance, without any excuses.”
U.S. retail pricing is $599.00.
The PMD-661 MKIII will be available in Q1 2017.
About Marantz Professional
Marantz Professional is a leading manufacturer of professional recording and playback solutions. Drawing upon a decades-long history of engineering innovations, Marantz Professional supplies no-compromise audio and video recording technology to critical users in every professional endeavor.
For more information visit: www.marantzpro.com